10.04.2012

The beginnings of my first bouquet.


I might be slightly emotional as I'm writing this, I am. I made my very first bouquet tonight...and bridesmaids bouquet, and two arrangements.

I've been wanting to have something that was mine for such a long time. Something that I felt I could do successfully and make a life out of it. Never before the last couple months have I felt that you really should do what you love, and love what you do. When you love what you do, you put all of your heart and energy into what you're doing.

I finally think I've found what I'm meant to do. It's scary, very scary. Plenty of things can and do go wrong, as planning for this shoot tomorrow has proved. But you improvise, and you make things work. I'm just excited and ready to take on the next year and see what it brings. I'll be busy, really busy. I haven't escaped the 9-5 yet, and don't plan to for awhile. But going in a new direction is so refreshing. I have a great support system as I've mentioned before. My good friend who has been here, doing this for the past two years, has just been great and I just want her to know that I'm very grateful. I can't figure out just quite how to say thank you enough. I don't think I'll ever be able to.

8 comments:

erin louise said...

You are on your way...

Blake + Jess. said...

You will be a success!

Talia Jensen said...

you are incredibly talented and have such a great eye! keep it up- id love to collaborate in the future for a photoshoot!

his little lady said...

Your life is a dream right now. You get to be around everything beautiful and lovely all day long! Adore!
xo TJ

Amy said...

So awesome! Wish you the very best of luck!

Am-Biance said...

Very happy for you...you will be great Ash!

lisa langi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lisa langi said...

I have experienced those exact feelings recently! glad to hear im not alone :) beautiful beautiful flowers!