8.21.2012

Blackberries.


I went to another farmers market tonight. I can't help myself! Fresh produce is so good, and it feels extra good supporting local farmers.

Blackberries were on my list tonight. I remember being seven years old living in Washington and spending afternoons picking blackberries. They lined the pathways of a park near a lake that we would often visit. They grew wild, thousands of them. We would spend time splashing in the lake, dry off and walk the paths picking blackberries for hours. I remember sneaking a few tastes because they were so tempting. Even the smell of blackberries takes me right back to those warm sunny days.

2 comments:

Talia Jensen said...

love love farmers markets. and how special to have those old feelings come back with the sight and taste of blackberries.

<<<>>>
T

Sharstin said...

love! we go to oregon every summer and one of our fav things is to go pick blackberries on the side of the road--the best.