5.16.2011

Spin.

It's been awhile since I've blogged. To be completely honest I've been feeling uninspired and unmotivated to blog lately. I enjoyed the last week and a half off from school, recently got a promotion at work, and I'm just embracing the slow change in the weather. Did I mention slow? I'm enjoying the transition regardless.

Summer semester started today for me and Curtis. We'll be finished in the fall and it's worth it to us to sacrifice a summer for freedom starting Dec. 2011. Well, freedom from school anyway. We are considering a few travel destinations for this August or October, and we're also planning a big trip to celebrate our graduation in January. Destination yet to be determined.

Meanwhile, I'm going being here. Utah is so beautiful in the spring, living amongst so many mature trees they have recently exploded into blossoms and more recently into leaves. It makes going to school a little less hard when you get to walk on campus when it's warm and not snowing. I'm only taking two academic classes and one spinning class for credit.

I am so thrilled to take this class, if you know me at all, you know working out is not necessarily my favorite activity. I enjoy hiking, and outdoorsy things, but sweating it out in the gym just sounds terrible. Of course it always feels great afterwards, but getting there is a different story. This class will be at 7:30am every Tuesday and Thursday for the next three months.

So the goal for this class is to give up candy starting today May 16, 2011. It's by far my biggest weakness and by giving up candy and sweets I'll be able to feel more healthy, and reap the benefits. Don't we all do this? Every summer? Have great intentions and they all come crumbling down? For those of you that I see regularly, keep me to this! No candy, sugar, sweets, for at least 6 weeks.

This picture makes me feel the sun just looking at it.

2 comments:

Erin_Skidmore said...

You two are so cute! Good luck on your new goals!

Tanya Rasmussen said...

I want to give up sugar too. Why is it so damn hard?!