12.13.2010

Italian Pizzelles

If you don't know my family is of Italian heritage. Every since I was little my mom has been making these amazing waffle cookies called pizzelles. I made them the other day for a little Christmas lunch with friends and they turned out just like my moms. Let the tradition live on.

Pizzelle Cookies
6 eggs
2 sticks of butter melted and cooled (1 cup)
1 1/2 c. sugar
3 1/2 c. flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. vanilla extract 
1 tbsp. anise extract

Beat eggs, add sugar gradually until smooth. Add cooled butter, beat together. Add dry ingredients, then add vanilla and anise extract. 
(If you want to make chocolate ones half way through, my mom adds cocoa powder, around 1/3 of a cup, but slowly add it to taste)
This recipe makes around 5 dozen

You will need a pizzelle iron, I have this one

1 comment:

erin louise said...

fabulous...thanks again