1.02.2010

Your trash is our treasure.


Lately Curtis and I have been quite fond of stopping at any D.I. that is in our course of travel. If it isn't in our course of travel, we go anyway. 
We have found some pretty great things that we are in love with.


The first in this series is our favorite of the two. We found these lamp sisters on two separate occasions and we love them.

Apparently we are attracted to lamps that are really goddy, and glow in the bottom half as well as on the top. It's okay, like I said your trash is our treasure. We like them, that's all that matters. We also got around to painting one of our walls yellow. We understand that we live in a dirt hole, but we are trying to make it as livable as possible. When things are as I want them, I'll post more pictures of our apartment as a whole, but for now this is what you get. PS. Curtis found an antique wardrobe at the D.I. a few weeks ago, he is working on it as we speak and hopefully it will be done with in the next month. Pictures of that to come as well.



6 comments:

Kayla Porter said...

can i come to your place? we can eat food and i can watch your giant tv.

Goog said...

Watch out. I have a serious d.I. addiction that started the same way when I was first married. I get anxiety if I drive past a d.I. and don't go. Then ten minutes later after starting to sweat I have to turn around and go back. Spring at the d.I. us a dream come true. This spring I would go to three a day, most days of the week. You start to know the employees and other people with d.I. problems by name. I know which employees will cut me a deal, which ones give me too many bags, which ones will tease me about my obsession with colored glass. And now typing about it makes me want to go....

Megan said...

I love going to the D.I too...but it seems that lately I haven't found any great finds. All well I will have to keep looking. I love those lamps you found..they look like something from Anthropologie. I can't wait to see the rest of your apartment..especially the antique wardrobe. Do share!
xoxo-Meg
fiddlesticksandfunnygirls.blogspot.com

Ashley.Latimer said...

Curtis is probably more addicted than I am. We drove past one yesterday and experienced the same anxiety. We have found most of our great finds at the D.I. on 56th West. The hippies from Salt Lake don't make it out to that one as often so its not as picked over. Except we did find the wardrobe at the d.i. on 7th, and that was probably our best find yet. The only reason why no one had bought it was because it was 200 dollars. Don't worry we wagered our way down, a little.

Am-Biance said...

Love the paint! And your lamps are super cute...I as well, share your love for other peoples trash :)

The Doyles said...

What! Those are adorable and totally different! The D.I. huh.....I wont judge. Your apartment is totally cute and decorated cozy, nice work =)