11.14.2009

I am a wrecking ball.

I unfortunately hurt Sofia last night. If you aren't familiar with Sophia, she is my car, and I love her so. Sadly, last night I was in a car accident. I'm frustrated, exhausted and my eyes sting from sporadically losing my composure and bursting into useful tears. I. am. a. crier. I know this and its exhausting, it creates headaches and it makes me feel extremely pathetic. 
I do have to say things like this come at the most inopportune times, not that being in an accident is ever opportune. But we are poor and living in terrible student housing that we have yet to grow even slightly fond of, we don't have a couch, and Christmas is just over a month away. Regardless, stuff happens and despite the fact that it is completely unfortunate I'm grateful that I'm okay. It could have been much worse. 
What an incredible family I have. Phone calls, text messages all from family worrying and concerned for my well being. Thank heavens for a supportive husband, that is just grateful I am okay and well and that it was me calling last night, not a hospital or a cop.  I love my car, but I love my life and Curtis and my family so much more than anything tangible. I made an expensive mistake, and I will learn from it. After all that is the purpose of mistakes right?

6 comments:

The Neilson Family said...

I am so sorry! Car accidents are not fun. At least you are safe. Hang in there...

Goog & Winnie said...

David made a really expensive mistake with his car too right before we got married. It sucks. I am so sorry about your accident, but we are all of course, glad you are alright.

Megan and Melissa said...

Sorry to hear about your accident...I have been in one of those and it was not fun. But life seems to always go on doesn't it? Glad to hear you are okay. Sometimes it takes things like this to make us see what really matters. Hope you have a good day.
xoxo-Meg
fiddlesticksandfunnygirls.blogspot.com

Tanya said...

I heart Sophia and I heart you.
p.s. I cry a lot. all the time. Rod makes fun, but it's what I do.

The Doyles said...

Oh Ashley, sorry to hear such bad news from your blog and not you! shocked. Im glad you're ok. I also have a deep love for my car, so I can sympathize big time! Hope all is well, I work wednesday so maybe Ill see you then and you can give me the details.

Mike and Sarah Branca said...

1. I HATE car accidents and I am so sorry!!!
2. I had no idea you were living in student housing too! Where are you guys? Don't you love the Upscale housing the U has to offer? I feel like I live in a castle....oh wait.