8.05.2009

Rain.



-John Singer Sargent, Caillebotte

So today was good. It was my friend Emily's and my day of pampering before the wedding. We were getting pedicures and right in front of me was a TV screen with KSL news forecasting the weather. There is a 20 percent chance of rain on my wedding day. My backyard garden reception wedding day. 
Apparently it is an old wives tail that rain on your wedding day brings good look to your marriage. No offense to the old wives who told the tail, but I would much prefer sunny skies and beautiful weather so everything can go as planned. Regardless I am so excited.
I am getting married in two days, and I couldn't be happier. I'm so lucky to have found Curtis. We are lucky to have found each other. He is my best friend and I am not ever going to want to know what life is like without him. He is my rock through everything.
Curtis has a big accounting final the day before we get married, so he has been busy studying for it. I miss him. 
Soon we will be on sandy white beaches and sipping virgin pina coladas. I can't wait. 
For those of you that don't know Curtis and I are going on a Caribbean Cruise to Belize, Honduras, The Cayman Islands, and Cozumel Mexico. We are so excited for a vacation of just relaxing. 
I'm so excited to be sealed to him. So close yet so far...

2 comments:

Allison and Josh said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for the weather for your wedding day!! It is showing wind on my day, which I don't know if that means a light breeze, or extreme wind gusts!! blah! The weather has been perfect the last few weeks so why does it have to be lame now! And your post totally reminded me of my situation! Josh had a big final tonight and yesterday, so we haven't seen much of each other either! But eternity will be a wonderful thing! Good luck with everything, Ashley!! You will be such a beautiful bride!!

Rodney and Tanya said...

You lucked out on the weather! It was perfect. It was fun to see you guys at the wedding and finally meet you Ashley! Have fun cruising, we'll be asking you for tips when we go on a caribbean cruise in the spring to celebrate graduation.