6.28.2009

Reading Recommendations Please!


Lately I have been reading....a lot. I love the smell of books and the way I can escape into the world of the book. The last two books I have read have truly been incredible. 
I had heard about My Sister's Keeper and knew it was recently made into a motion picture. I was on my way to work and stopped at Barnes and Noble and picked it up. I was finished three days later. I was reading the book at work and just sobbing. A sad book, but it somehow lifts you up. The story is incredible. I highly recommend reading the book, and if you aren't a reader go see the movie. I haven't seen it but I can't imagine it being anything but moving if it's based off such a wonderful book.


I also am almost finished reading The Time Traveler's Wife. This book is very clever and thought provoking. Time travel is a concept that baffles me. It makes absolutely no sense and frustrates me every time I think about it. This entire book is based on Henry and how he time travels. He can't control when it happens or where he goes, it just happens. It's a love story between Henry a librarian, and Clare, an artist. It's written in both the perspective's of Henry and Clare. It's written in different times and it jumps around which makes it both interesting and confusing at the same time. This is almost being made into a movie, which comes out in August. Rachel McAdams is in it and I adore her. So I am hoping it lives up to the book.



The reason for my post on my latest reading addiction is that I need some recommendations. I love reading, I get so caught up in the story and the characters that it often just consumes my thoughts to the point that I have to finish it as soon as possible. So I am going through books like water in a dry desert. The people in these books become so real in my mind that I end up sympathizing for these imaginary people that don't exist. I will go on and on about these books to Curtis which he knows nothing about. But he listens and loves me all the same. Books have become my latest addiction.
I love it. I love when a book can evoke such emotion from a person. These are the books I am looking for. Books that I must read in life. So if you feel so inclined, please post a recommendation. I would be ever so grateful.
Ash.
 

4 comments:

Mahmood said...

Your blog is very nice. The photographs are very beautiful. Let us pray for peace for the world. Let us make the world pollution free and save it for our children. Wish you all the best. God is Great.

http://www.thedynamicnature.com

Kayla Porter said...

The Burn Journals by Brent Runyon
Running After Antelope by Scott Carrier
The Unheard: A Memoir of Deafness and Africa by Josh Swiller

All of these books are non-fiction. If you can sympathize 'for these imaginary people that don't exist,' just imagine the way you'll feel about people who REALLY DO exist! Heh Heh. These are the best books I've read this year thought. For real, girl.

Kayla Porter said...

Oh and by the way, you can borrow any or all of them from me, if you so wish!

Leslie said...

I read light chic fiction so here are my suggestions...nothing heavy, just fun to read!

Anything by Emily Giffin - she has several out - Something Old, Something Blue, Baby Proof, etc

Friday Nigh Knitting Club and Knit Two

Jane Green is a pretty good author and I have read several of her books

Sophie Kinsella, the girl who writes the shopaholic books, has other books that are good like Undomesticated Goddess, Can you keep a secret and Remember Me.

All of these are quick easy reads but fun! Let us know what you end up reading so we can check those out!!