5.22.2009

The New Truck




So anyone who knows me knows about the mexi-ride. I have driven a 1986 Chevy S-10 since I was 16. My Dad and I rebuilt the engine and put a new paint job on her. A little over a year ago I was hit by a car and the insurance company totaled my truck, paid me $2000, and I put it back together and pocketed the cash. It has been a great truck and has gotten me through a lot of years and saved me tons of money. Well in the past 3 months she has been on a rapid slide to death. I have torn the engine apart countless times fixing the timing gears and trying to resurrect the mexi-ride. Well I got it back and running and that same day it threw a rod. Game over.




So I have been looking for a truck. I have always wanted a little 4X4 Tacoma but people want an arm and a leg for them. I was looking at trucks that had 100,000+ miles on them and people wanted $12,000+. I couldn't bring myself to do it. Then she came to me... A little Tacoma popped up for $10,000, clean title, 42,000 miles, but it was 3 hours away in Vernal. So my parents and I drove out and I drove home with my new pickup. It was a great deal and the truck is in amazing condition. Now I get to build it the way I want it. I always have something to tinker with.

3 comments:

Am-Biance said...

A moment of silence for the mexi-ride........
Love the new truck...it has found a good home :)..Yea for Toyota!! :)

Kristin said...

Hooray!

Miss Morgan said...

I can't believe you abandoned your mexi-ride. It is a very sad day, my friend