5.13.2009


I have been wanting to start an official blog for awhile, but I feel its necessary to start a blog with something worth blogging about. Luckily, that event happened yesterday when Curtis purposed! So it is official we are engaged and getting married August 7th. We are very, very excited. 
So, how did he ask? 
Yesterday we had been planning to go four wheeling and hiking up to Deseret Peak. So I drove to his house early Tuesday morning and we got all packed up and ready to go. When we got there, we took the four wheeler up a couple of miles. Then we got off to begin the hike. Apparently I haven't been hiking in awhile because the childlike tendencies didn't take long to break free. Soon enough, I was complaining, BUT with fair reason. What happened was we were hiking up the trail for about 20 minutes, when suddenly the trail ends with snow drifts, very large snow drifts with deep snow that hadn't melted yet. So we had to trek through this snow to find the trail, but there was no trail, we were just climbing up the side of this steep mountain, and don't let the snow fool you, it was strenuous and hot. So here I am, being completely ridiculous, asking Curtis why we had to keep going when there was no apparent direction we were going other than up. Finally, I just decided to suck it up, and thats when we saw the trail which gave me hope. A few snow drifts later, we made it to the top. 
Along the way Curtis had brought a tripod so we were taking pictures along the whole way up. We sat down and ate some sandwiches, and before we left Curtis wanted to take just a few more pictures. So he was setting up the timer and directing me on where to stand. Then he told me to look over at the mountain goats! (There were no mountain goats obviously) But I looked,  and when I looked back at him, he was down on one knee with a little black box in his hand, and he proposed. 
So there I was in the beginning confused, and not too thrilled, but despite my not so nice attitude, Curtis was patient and surprised me. 
I'm ecstatic. 
The ring is beautiful, exquisite as my mom put it. I posted a few pictures from the hike and a picture of my ring.
Gorgeous.

6 comments:

nikki said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you two! And your mother is correct, the ring is exquisite!

Am-Biance said...

Congrats! We are so happy for you, we are excited that you are a part of the family :) (you always were) Your ring is beautiful! I can't wait to see it on you!
Love ya girl~
Stace

Ashley.Latimer said...

Thanks guys! I'm thrilled, I can barely wipe the smile off my face!

Kayla Porter said...

That's really cute :)

Kristin said...

Congratulations! I'm excited for you guys! Curtis took some nice pictures.

Whitney said...

ash, this blog is adorable, i am excited for you!